Today I was feeling sicker than normal. Who knows why? I think I tend to try to deal with pregnancy sickness logically, like there could be some sort of scientific equation that if I was able to detect it I would break the code and no longer have to deal with any nausea at all….sadly, there probably isnt much more I can do. Some days. Better than others. period.
Anyway, after my second nap of the day ( yup, second….God bless my sweet husband and the weekend) I felt a bit better and so I decided to take advantage of the moment and I made June’s cookies.
I’ve had the ingredients for a few weeks now waiting for just such a moment. Luckily, I wisely chose an “easy” cookie that has a lot of bang for its buck….
Without further ado Pretzel Peanut butter chocolate cookies:
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of tightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup broken up pretzel pieces
- Preztel Salt or Sea Salt
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). On low speed, slowly add the beaten egg and vanilla extract. Beat to combine, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until there are no more streaks of flour. Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and preztels. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop out well rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough and sprinkle with pretzel salt. Leave about 2 inches between each ball. Bake for 10 minutes. If you prefer crispier cookies increase the baking time by 1-2 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing.